Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hair standing up and other involuntary things

Wow! I wish you all could see how PASSION is coming together!!

Today was our fifth day of rehearsal and we are almost finished blocking the show - down through the curtain call. And giant leaps are made every day!

We had a bit of a snafu heading into rehearsals and actually did our first full rehearsal without a Caiaphas. The man previously cast had scheduling issues with his day job (in that it was going to extend into night and in another part of the state!) So Doug Landholt, whom I've had the pleasure of doing two shows with through the Variety Club Children's Charity (The Wizard of Oz and Annie) was a total gem and said yes on the phone - I didn't even need to beg. The rest of the cast gave him a big welcome on Wednesday and now, it's like he was cast from the very beginning. He's an imposing Caiaphas.

Greg Schweizer, our music director, has been making tremendous vocal arrangements for us and the voices are really glorious. You will know he has risen!

These last two rehearsal days have involved getting through the scenes to the crucifixion - the climax of PASSION. Now is when the heavy lifting really starts - and I am NOT making comments on the weight of any of my cast members. Now I can finally create the pictures that have been in my head for so long. My hair has been standing up on my arms all day long. And Mary singing to her son as he lies in her arms, I dare you not to weep. HAIRS UP!

This Friday, March 8th, we are supposed to have a big article in the St. Louis Review which is a Catholic periodical. I had a 45-minute interview with Jennifer Brinker and then we had Sid the photographer at our rehearsal taking some pictures. I will post the article or link it here when it comes out. Press releases will go out again tomorrow (the fourth since September) so hopefully we will get some notices in other papers like the RFT, the Post, the St. Louis Beacon, and the Ladue News.

Tomorrow is an actor's day off - but not a producer's!! Wanting to interview Jesus (Blane) tomorrow and get that posted as well.

More after we have staged the crucifixion - because I'm sure that will be exhilarating.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment