Thursday, December 6, 2012

Casting of PASSION

Casting any play is a lesson in puzzles - and I don't particularly like puzzles. However, this puzzle of PASSION has been occupying my mind for quite a while so I am happy to start putting faces with character names. I still have a bit of casting to do because what I'm looking for seems now, to be a bit unusual. There are characters who must be very strong physically - they carry a body. There are characters who must have great body control because of the stylized movement. There are those who don't say much, but are in huge chunks of the show. Pretty much everyone needs to sing well. Then there's the whole union/non-union issue. Oy.

However, I am happy to announce the cast thus far:

Jesus:     Blane Pressler*
John:      Lori Pagano
Mary:    Michele Burdette Elmore*
Magdalen:   Bess Moynihan
Peter:     Kimberly Weller
Judas:    Rachel Fenton
Woman:  Adrienne Gleeson
Observer:  Pamela Reckamp*
Caiaphas:  Robert A. Mitchell
Joseph of Arimathea:   Eugene Neal
Disciple/Soldier: Jeanitta Perkins

I still need to fill some roles, mostly soldiers/disciples but am on the hunt for Pilate and Barabbas, too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment