Monday, January 28, 2013

And the hits keep coming!

This past week there has been a tremendous move forward with PASSION.  Things are starting to fall into line and I could not be happier.

The push started with a great meeting with Jane Sullivan and Becky Fortner, who are doing costumes. It truly was a costume mind-meld and we are knocking stuff out: getting costumes from local theatres, getting materials donated and creating pieces we need. I am so grateful to both of these women who are here to guide me through, what is typically a nerve-wracking aspect of producing.

Next, got my insurance thanks to Marty Stanberry's help. Yes, I realize that's a little dry compared to other aspects of producing but it's a BIG DEAL to me to have my actors safe - not to mention the venue would prefer a little extra padding.

Rusty Gunther got me a donkey contact. Waiting to hear if they have a full-sized donkey but a lead is a lead and I'll take it.

I am currently working on contracts for all my actors, union and non. Artists deserve to be compensated for their work. I have a company of fantastic actors and I cannot wait to begin the rehearsal process with them!

I received my very first call about tickets. Yeah, that one feels good.

I have one of my thunder sheets thanks to one Debby Lennon. If you don't know Debby, aside from her phenomenal voice, she is one of the most generous spirits I have ever met. A truly sparkling personality and a positive life-force. Thank you Debby.

PASSION, if you haven't gathered by now, is absolutely an act of love - one that will run about $20,000 in production costs. Because Spotlight Theatre has been out of the loop for a while, and grant cycles run a year or two out, there are no grants or funding for PASSION on any level: not state, local, private. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. But I did get word through Mary Magdalen (aka Bess Moynihan) that a grant agency in town would like to hear from me. Woot!

I have had more than one person ask of late, if I am getting Spotlight Theatre up and running again and the answer in NO. Producing is agonzing and I forgot how many things there are to do and I'm just as sure some of them are slipping away from me. I also get asked if I want PASSION to become a yearly thing and to that I say, "yes," I just don't want to do it by myself again. (See: labor of love, above.) I would be thrilled beyond belief if PASSION were to become a yearly or bi-annual event. If this appeals to you, here's my number, so call me maybe.

I am humbled with gratitude.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment