Monday, September 24, 2012

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

This past week has been one of filling in tiny bits to complete the picture. I looked at costumes at the Rep, but I will need to fill them out with other theatre company's costumes. I have been finishing my PowerPoint presentation, endlessly tweaking things to show to possible stakeholders. I am working on the newsletter and getting all the links correctly inserted (don't want to have the PayPal button pay someone else!) I spoke with a friend who I hadn't seen in such a long while, and am fairly certain I convinced her that she needed to be in PASSION. It was all over the map but every little gap filled in now, is one I don't have to worry about later.

Next week is more of more of the same. Meeting with a friend on Tuesday, waiting to hear back from a possible music director, scheduling costume warehouse visits, getting the crown of thorns for a photo shoot, talking with Actor's Equity Association to secure contracts, finally uploading those databases!!!!!

A phone call, a text, a Facebook message, an email. It all leads to the production of PASSION. It seems like busy work but it is amazingly fulfilling to complete a task, lock in a designer, agree to a FONT!!!, if it gets the job done.

I had to explain to my 14 year-old tonight what is keeping me so busy. She said, "you have been working on this all day." Keeping in mind that the last time I produced she was 9 years old, she has only a vague idea of what it takes. But instead of a script that I was already written, it is my creation, my vision, my music selections, my projections, my concept. That takes a bit more time. And she's grown up enough to notice that.

Aside from all these super-important bits and pieces, I really do need to complete casting and that's a arduous task. There are seventeen actors in PASSION. Ask anyone who does theatre, attends theatre, supports theatre - that's a ginormous cast. (And that's with people doubling!! )I only have about six of the 17 right now. And that needs to change soon. And it will.

1 comment:

  1. So amazing to watch you fulfill your passion, Pam--truly! I am so thrilled for you and for the project...sending continued love and Light to you always!
    xoxo,
    GoGo

    ReplyDelete