Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lighting

Last night I met with lighting designer John "JT" Taylor to discuss PASSION. I have been talking with JT about the show for a couple years now and I am so thrilled he is on board. One of the things I'm most excited about at the Skip (as those in-the-know call the Skip Viragh Center for the Arts) is that we have a cyc. I'm pysched! (Those words sound the same, heh heh.)

A cyc is a white or light blue scrim that can be lit (yes, I prefer lit over lighted. I never got the memo about that change for the past tense). They are extremely versatile and generally only available at big theatres because of the expense. The Skip is a state-of-the-art facility, though, so YAY! Last year, while doing a show at the Touhill, my husband asked what that scrim was because it created such beautiful effects. (Shout out to John Wylie for The Wizard of Oz). A cyc is an amazing addition to a lighting plot and I am so grateful that we get to use one.

In other news:
1)  I have sent out my first test-email via Constant Contacts. It ain't perfect, but it's out there and I am breathlessly awaiting feedback.
2)  I have made an appointment to look at costumes.
3)  Casting is beginning and I've got some really great people wanting to be involved.

Coming up:
1)  Find a musical director
2)  Hire a Technical Director
3)  find rehearsal space.

Producing is hard. But I am loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment