Wednesday, January 5, 2011

priests and pastors and rabbis, oh my!

Today I am meeting with a priest who was formerly at my church (he's moved to Olivette) for a catch-up and some lunch. Yesterday when I called, the first thing he said to me was, "How's the show going?"

I also heard from the Pastor of the church I'm looking to rent. He got my message and we are definitely chatting today.

Then, I contacted a friend of mine regarding some Jewish customs and if she doesn't have the info for me, she's sending me to a rabbi. Looking to solidify a couple of ritual aspects and making sure I have the Last Supper in the order it would have most likely happened.

Finally, I spoke with my friend Al Fischer - an amazing musician - about getting together and that's scheduled for next Tuesday. I have two projects to talk with Al about but Passion is first on the list!

Thanks to my sister, Caroline, for putting this blog up to her fb friends. And to two friends who called about possibley doing group sales.

With my son not officially enrolled in school yet, I have tapped him to continue helping me with emails for churches. And BTW, I destest those websites where you just fill out a request form and can't seen where it's going, or those who make you open a yahoo account. Just give me the email address. Soon though, all these emails will be put into Constant Contacts database and we can do a lot of marketing without killing a lot of trees.

Wrote on my high school's FB page yesterday and still have to figure out how to update to Fontbonne's alumni dept. Ooh and I found my Agnus Dei music - just stacked somewhere, like I knew it would be.

I am going to try to begin assembling what the ensemble will use for rehearsals, meaning the script but also the music that comes along fairly often. The projections are ready to be made in PowerPoint or however you do that, too. Trying to knock as much technical stuff out of the way - the sooner the better.

I am hoping to complete casting by the beginning of next week. I have feelers out to a couple peeps who've worked with SATE before and would be totally onboard with the way things happen at our rehearsals.

In a side note, I received my American Theatre magazine yesterday** and it was all about different styles of movement: Lecoq, Laban, Suzuki, etc. One sentence that struck me as right on, (and coincidentally, it was how I directed Sarah Kane's 4.48 Psychosis) "People discover themselves in relation to their grasp of the external world. I do not search for deep sources of creativity in psychological memories." I remember not being concerned with Audrey's emotional state as much as I wanted her body to reflect what was happening to her. And that's when people get really drawn in - when they see a picture and it burns in their memory as something wonderful, horrifying, disgusting, whatev. And the ** from before: for whatever reason, I received 3 copies of this issue so I can distribute them to ensemble members! End of side note.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. "People discover themselves in relation to their grasp of the external world. I do not search for deep sources of creativity in psychological memories." That REALLY hit home with me...

    Would love to at least borrow one of your 3 extra copies...haven't been able to afford the subscription myself in 3 years.

    ReplyDelete